Join us Friday, June 7, 2019 from 5:30-9pm for our Spring 2019 Fundraiser!
371 Delaware Ave, Buffalo NY 14202
(enter under the red awning. There is one flight of stairs and an elevator is also available).
Parking will be available for this event in the ALC parking lot, 389 Virginia St. Please note that set up for Allentown Art Festival will be taking place and car access on Delaware Ave may be restricted. Those with mobility issues may park in Trinity’s parking lot using the Franklin St. lot entrance beginning at 6pm. Others are asked to park at Virginia St and save these spots for those who need them.
Vegan options available at dinner.
Gather together to support our work and enjoy dinner, entertainment, basket raffle, bar, and 50/50 drawing! This is a family event with a kids’ corner! Some cash is recommended but we will also have a card reader available.
Can’t attend? Other ways to support us:
Make a Donation
We rely on people like you to help support our work. Your tax-deductible donation goes directly to support families in need by providing supplies, food, transportation, and translation and legal services.
We welcome volunteers of all abilities and statuses. We need people with legal and accounting knowledge, non-English language proficiency, graphic designers, people who want to help remotely, and people with access to vehicles.
Some examples of how you can help:
- Come to court dates to show community support
- Translate in person and in meetings- Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Arabic are needed
- Conduct research on local and national level issues
- Provide rides for volunteers or families
- Outreach to allied groups in the WNY community
- Help with digital outreach and campaigns
- Design posters, flyers, memes
- Help with events to raise awareness of migrant issues in WNY
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help.
Court Support and Batavia Visitation
We organize accompaniment and support for undocumented people facing court or deportation, and connect them to legal, financial and community resources for families who are under threat of deportation.
We provide support in two main ways:
1. Court support: accompanying our friends to court hearings and ICE check ins is a critical part of our work. You will be led by an experienced leader and provided resources.
- Community support can impact how a person will be received in the court system.
- This is a scary day for our friends. Seeing a smile and being treated as a person makes all the difference for their experience.
- Witnessing proceedings continues to inspire us to keep pushing for immigration reform.
2. Visitation: We visit people who are detained at Batavia Federal Detention Facility. We can provide emotional support and we can try to connect detainees and families with legal information and religious support. We do not offer legal advice. If your friend or family member is detained at BFDF and would like to receive visits from someone who can listen to and sympathize with their frustrations, and try to connect them with information they may need, please fill out this form.
A training session is highly recommended before volunteers begin accompaniment or visitation. Please contact us at email@example.com to inquire about training.